Top 10 hiring trends that we may see for 2024 compared to other years.January 26, 2024
Hiring for a special event requires careful consideration to ensure the occasion's success.
Whether it is a sporting event like the football draft, an upcoming tradeshow, or expos like the Detroit Auto Show, Autorama, Technology or Industry Specific, or any other special event requiring part- to full-time employees, you'll need to find the right staff to help make your event go off without a hitch.
Staffing services such as ours allow employers like yourselves to hire everyone you need for your event quickly and all in one place.
Let's take a look at all of the ways that you may find potential candidates and the qualities you may be looking for in hiring special event employees:
Where to Find Candidates:
- Consider working with temporary staffing agencies that specialize in event staffing.
Job Boards and Websites:
- Post your job openings on popular job boards and event-specific websites.
- Examples include Indeed, LinkedIn, Craigslist, and local event staffing websites.
- Utilize social media platforms to reach a wider audience. Create LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts with details about the event and job opportunities.
- Leverage your professional network and connections to find suitable candidates.
- Attend industry-related events or join online forums and groups.
Local Colleges and Universities:
- Contact career services at local educational institutions to find students or recent graduates interested in event work.
- Ask for recommendations from colleagues, friends, or business associates.
What to Look for in Employees:
- Prior experience in event planning, hospitality, or customer service is beneficial.
- Look for candidates who have worked in similar events or have transferable skills.
- Events can be unpredictable, so seek individuals who can adapt to changes and handle unexpected situations comfortably.
- Effective communication is crucial for event staff. Look for candidates who can articulate themselves clearly and are comfortable interacting with attendees.
Customer Service Orientation:
- Employees should be customer-focused, ensuring a positive experience for event attendees.
- Events often require collaboration. Look for individuals who can work well in a team, as cooperation is essential for smooth event operations.
- Punctuality and reliability are vital in event staffing. Ensure that candidates have a track record of being dependable and responsible.
- Depending on the nature of the event, employees may need to stand for long periods or perform physically demanding tasks. Consider the physical requirements of the job.
- Employees should present themselves professionally for customer-facing roles and adhere to any dress code or uniform requirements.
- Events can present challenges, so seek individuals who can think independently and solve problems efficiently.
- Check references to verify the candidate's reliability, work ethic, and suitability.
By carefully selecting candidates with the right skills and qualities, you can enhance your special event's overall success and experience.