What is COBRA Continuation Coverage Insurance when being let go or leaving a job?January 5, 2024
Top 10 hiring trends that we may see for 2024 compared to other years.January 26, 2024
Updating your resume is an important task, and several resources are available to help you create a professional and effective resume.
Here are some resources you can use:
Online Resume Builders:
- Websites like Indeed, LinkedIn, and Canva offer resume-building tools that guide you through the process and provide templates to create a polished resume.
- Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and other word-processing software often have built-in resume templates you can customize.
Resume Writing Guides:
- Numerous online guides and articles provide tips and best practices for resume writing. Websites like The Balance Careers, Monster, and ResumeGenius offer comprehensive guides.
Career Development Centers:
- Local career development centers at universities, community colleges, or workforce development offices often provide resume assistance. They may offer workshops, one-on-one consultations, or sample resumes.
Professional Resume Writers:
- If you prefer personalized assistance, consider hiring a professional resume writer. They can tailor your resume to your specific industry and career goals.
Books on Resume Writing:
- Books such as "What Color Is Your Parachute?" by Richard N. Bolles and "The Resume Handbook" by Arthur D. Rosenberg provide valuable insights into effective resume writing.
Networking and Mentorship:
- Contact professionals in your network or mentors for feedback on your resume. They can provide valuable insights and advice based on their experience.
Job Search Websites:
- Job search platforms often have resources and articles on resume writing. Check websites like Glassdoor, CareerBuilder, or Monster for additional tips.
- Industry-specific professional associations may offer resources or workshops on resume writing tailored to your field.
Remember to tailor your resume for each job application, emphasizing relevant skills and experiences. Keep it concise, use action verbs, and highlight achievements. Regularly update your resume to reflect your most recent accomplishments and abilities.